Food professional, Bread Baker, Instructor & Owner of Bread Baking Class “pique-nique”
After a career as a radio caster, and changed career to cooking. After awarded the Le Cordon Bleu Pastry Diploma from “LE CORDON BLEU TOKYO”, served as a confectionary & bread baking staff at a French restaurant in Tokyo and cooking staff at a hotel. Expertise at bread baking based on confectionery.
Now Chiaki engages with broad range of food related activities, such as Tour guiding for “City Walking x Bakery Tour”, offsite bread baking workshops, organizing the food related events, recipe creation and planning, Teaching and Article writings as well as running the “pique-nique” bread baking classes.
About Bread Baking Class
In our classes, we use Shirakamikodama Yeast from the Shirakami-Sanchi, the World Heritage Site in the northern Japan. Each participants will be mixing and kneading their dough. At “Pique-nique”, we value the joy of hand making and the touch of seasons, using the domestic strong flour with Shirakamikodama Yeast, Cane Sugar and natural unrefined salt and different recipes every month.
Our lessons will start from kneading, then proceed to fermentation, dividing, bench rest, Shaping, final fermentation and baking.
City Walking x Bakery Tour
Hosting the walking tour to visit bakeries and confectionaries to introducing the local gorumet in each town, such as Kamakura, Tsukiji and Ginza.
- Owner & Instructor of the bread baking class “pique-nique”
- Planner, coordinator and the guide of “City Walking x Bakery Tour”
- Bread baking class at “Ikebukuro Community College” in Seibu Ikebukuro department store
- Served as a judge for “FOODEX Gourmet Beauty Grand Prix” at the Asia’s largest food and beverage exhibition (FOODEX)
- Provided food service at events such as;
“Mitsukoshi British Week” at Mitsukoshi department store (“Chika Watanabe London”, ”Peggy Porchen Tearoom”)
“Isetan British Week” at Isetan department store (“Baldry’s Tea Room in Grasmere”, “Marmite Café”)
“Food is Great” campaign at British Embassy
- Featured by the TV program “news every.(NTV)” for City Walking Tour in Tsukiji
- A member of the committee to select the brand name for the new strawberry brand in Chiba prefecture